1. Thou shalt not put anything in the freezer unlabeled. Failure to follow this commandment means will result in some very strange meals in the future.
2. Thou shalt not stack dishes in the sink because you don’t feel like unloading the dishwasher. Don’t be lazy.
3. Thou shalt not complain that the garbage can smells, then wait for someone else to take the garbage out. You know who you are.
4. Thou shalt not covet the neighbor’s grilling. This dinner took more effort than that burger. Show some respect.
5. Thou shalt not say, “Crock Pot again?” Unless, of course, thou art willing to plan, prepare and cook thy dinner.
6. Thou shalt not load the dishwasher in a haphazard fashion. Even the slightest bit of thoughtful arranging makes the unloading more efficient.
7. Thou shalt not wait until the chef sits down before asking for something from the fridge. (I’m looking at you, Tiny Kitchen Assistant.)
8. Thou shalt not block the chef’s path between kitchen and grill. Unless, of course, you want to be bathed in dripping chicken juice.
9. Thou shalt not use the last paper towel without replacing the roll. Punishment includes flogging with the empty roll.
10. Thou shalt not use the tongs as a plaything. Doubly so if you use them to play “Lobster Pinches Mommy.”
Do I need to add to these commandments? Can you think of any others that I’m missing?