Review of True & Co.
This week, Betty is going to step away from the regular format and do a product/service review that is utterly useless to the male portion of our readership.
For the rest of you, I introduce you to True & Co., which is an online service that will help you find a bra that fits.
Betty, you say. Be reasonable. I can’t even find a half-decent bra when I try on every single style in the lingerie department. How am I supposed to find one by mail order?
I’m telling you, these True & Co. people are geniuses. You answer some questions about the general shape and… gravitational challenges that your breasts face. And then you tell it what your current favorite bra is. They put all of this together and then they show you your personalized shop of Bras that Will Likely Fit.
For a $45 refundable deposit fee, you can choose three bras, and they choose two others for you. A few days later, your five bras appear on your doorstep, and you can try them on in the comfort of your own home. Like them? Let them know and they’ll charge your card accordingly, minus the $45 deposit. No winners? Ship them back in their postage-paid box and start over.
Does it work?
Of the five bras I tried, one was a complete failure (lovely, but the straps were much too short); two were passable (I might have bought one or both as “good enough” in a department store setting), and two were dead-on perfect. That’s a 40% success rate, which is something that I never would even hope for in a lingerie department.
- Convenient shopping
- 5 different choices to try in the comfort of your own home with your own wardrobe
- Varying levels of padding and oomph (they do not assume that every A cup wants to look like a DD)
- Excellent customer service
- The magical algorithm that really nails your correct fit
- Refundable deposit is applied to your purchase if you choose to keep any of the bras
- Not many nude-tone, invisible bras to choose from
- Yeah, I really only have one con, but I can’t let just one bullet sit there all alone
Seriously, ladies: if you have trouble finding the right bra (and honestly, I don’t know anyone who doesn’t), this is the site for you.
Have you tried it yet? What do you think?